Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that may be helpful for your stocking stuffer needs. Now these links are at no cost to you. Check them out and hopefully, they’ll help you with Christmas shopping this year. And if you do buy something, it does kick a little back to The Many Sides of Mom. So thank you, if you buy something. We appreciate it.
Making my lists and checking it twice …
With Christmas a little over a month away, I’m starting to make my shopping lists. I usually hold off on that until December strikes. In November and December there is so much going on, I knew that I needed to start the Christmas prepping early. At least with getting my lists out of the way, then I would know what I need to get when the time comes. [Emily’s birthday is December 19th, so I don’t buy her Christmas presents until after that. I need to make sure I don’t get her any repeats of birthday gifts.] One of the things that I never really focus on and they always stumps me are stocking stuffer ideas.
I know that I need to make a list of stocking stuffers for my family to make shopping easier. So to get some ideas, I took to my favorite website to help with that … PINTEREST. [Check out my Christmas Pinterest page and you’ll find a lot of great Christmas ideas.] As I was looking through it, I stumbled across some really helpful pins/websites.
On my Holiday board in the Christmas section, you’ll find several pins about stocking stuffer ideas. After looking at them all, I have come up with my own list of “The Best Stocking Stuffers” for my family. In this post I’m going to be focused on Children, Men, Women, and Anyone. I’ll be giving my insight on what works really well with my family.
Without further ado … this lists.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care …
Stocking stuffer ideas for children … some of Emily’s favorite things:
- Bottles of Bubbles … My daughter LOVES bubbles. She loves going out on the deck in the summer and could blow bubbles for hours. She would blow bubbles in the house if I let her. I will definitely be looking for bubbles for her stocking.
- Mini Play-Doh packs … If there is something that Emily loves as much as bubbles, it’s play-doh. We have a large tub filled with play-doh in our house, and another bag filled with accessories. She never tires of it. I always look for a present for her that is Play-Doh oriented, but I think this year I’ll just look for a few packs for a stocking stuffer.
- Fruit Snacks … A lot of people will put candy in stockings, but I think this year I’m going to put fruit snacks in Emily’s stocking. She loves fruit snacks. With the help of a friend who had them, she started to like Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks. She loves bunnies. I think she’ll be getting those in her stocking.
- Stickers … Emily LOVES stickers. When she gets a new pack of stickers, she can’t help but stick some everywhere. Usually she sticks them on me. Silly kid. I tell her to save some of them, but she never listens. Looks like she should get some stickers in her stocking, too.
- Plush Toys … What’s a child’s stocking without a little toy or two? Emily loves stuffed animals. She would have hundreds with her in bed every night if we let her. [We don’t let her. She has her select 10-12, LOL.] My husband may not like it, but what’s one more little stuffed animal to add to the pack?
Also, if you’re looking for ideas for children and you’re traveling soon, check out my post about must haves for a preschooler’s carry-on. Or check out some accessories in my current Target favorites for Emily.
A little something for the man in your life …
Stocking stuffer ideas for men:
- Travel Size Cologne or Aftershave … I know there are times when you might need to take a little cologne with you. If you’re working all day and you might need to “freshen up”. It’s always good to have something with you. I have gotten Axe spray for my husband before as a stocking stuffer. I think I might keep that tradition going.
- Golf Balls … My husband has a new found love of golf. He doesn’t get to go as much as he would like to, but he loves it. In the spring, he’ll often have his clubs (and his fishing rods) in the back of his car … just in case. I know last year I got him a lot of golfing stuff for Christmas. Maybe this year I’ll get him golf balls for his stocking.
- Coffee Shop Gift Card … I know it’s weird to get a large gift card as a stocking stuffer for someone, but I like doing this for my husband. He drives a lot for work, so getting him a coffee (Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts) gift card is always a good idea. And a larger denomination is better. That way he isn’t limited to just one cup of coffee. He could get coffee and a snack, and use it more than once.
- Beef Jerky Pack … My husband loves beef jerky. It’s a great source of protein and it’s a portable snack. For someone who is always on the go, it’s perfect.
- Socks/Underwear … It is a running joke with my husband that you have to beware when I’m doing the laundry. I’m known to take a good look at socks and underwear and throw them away when they’re looking ratty and have holes. So as kind of a gag gift, I always put socks and underwear in my husband’s stocking. It makes us all laugh.
If Mama ain’t happy, then nobody’s happy …
Stocking stuffer ideas for women:
- Nail Polish and/or mini-Manicure Kit … This is always a big one with me. I love nail polish. I’m the kind of woman who likes to do her own nails. I like the “me time” of doing them. So getting a manicure kit and/or some nail polish is a GREAT stocking stuffer for me.
- Comfy Cozy Socks … I’m a big fan of wearing comfy socks when I’m walking around the house. Especially in winter. It gets pretty cold around here (we live in Rhode Island), so I like my feet to be warm. Plus you can get comfy socks in such great, festive colors and patterns. They make the best stocking stuffers.
- Coffee Gift Card … Now men aren’t the only ones who should get coffee gift cards as stocking stuffers. Women need them too. I personally love Starbucks, so getting a Starbucks card is always perfect for me.
- Bath Bombs … One of the latest trends is bath bombs. There are specialty ones that you can order online, but there are ones you can buy at Target or Walmart … or even on Amazon. Getting a few of these in your stocking is a sure fire win. To a mom like me, seeing something like this makes her think “mommy-alone-time”. A little self-care for any woman is a good thing.
- Candy … I had said for kids that I would probably do fruit snacks for Emily. She loves them, so they are as good as candy to her. But to an adult, I would definitely throw a little something sweet in there. My mother started a tradition of putting a chocolate orange in our stockings when my sister and I were teenagers. We have carried on that tradition … at least with each other.
Now there might be the occasion when you have someone staying over at your house for Christmas. You don’t want to leave them out of the stocking stuffer goodness. So what do you get them? Well, I have some ideas …
For the random Christmas house guest …
Stocking stuffer ideas for anyone:
- Gift Cards … I’m grouping all of the gift cards here. This means coffee, Target, Apple, Amazon, Visa … whatever place you’d like to get a gift card from. When it comes to a generic gift, you can’t go wrong with a gift card. The person you’re getting it for will be so touched that you got them something that they won’t mind if it’s generic.
- A Candle … Everyone likes it when their home or office or whatever personal space it might be smells good. Why wouldn’t you like that? So a great stocking stuffer is a candle. I personally love Yankee Candle and their MacIntosh scent. It legitimately smells like a MacIntosh apple. Mmmmm. I recommend giving one of those.
- Stationary or Notepad or Blank Cards … I love getting silly, cute notepads that I can make my lists on. I also like getting blank cards that I can use for “thank you cards” or just a random card to someone. These also make perfect stocking stuffers. I’d also throw a cool pen or set of pens in there as well.
- Candy … Again, I’m going to bring up candy. If all else fails and you need a little something extra, get a little candy Make sure the person that you’re buying for isn’t allergic to anything … and then either get a bag of little candies to fill the void of the stocking … or get a bigger candy like the chocolate orange. You could also add a bundle of candy canes. Or if you’re feeling crafty and have the time, you could make fudge or candy or Christmas bark. Homemade candy is the best idea if you have the time.
- Christmas Ornament … Something that always goes over well as a stocking stuffer, a Christmas ornament. Now … if the person who is celebrating with you isn’t of the Christian faith, then you might not want to get them a Christmas ornament. They may never use it … BUT, I’m sure that person would feel touched that you got them an ornament. Get it personalized. Get one that is a character that they really like. They would appreciate the effort.
So those are my lists of 5 options for stocking stuffers per “group” of people … Children, Men, Women, and Anyone. Now go out there and buy those stocking stuffers. Get ahead of the holiday rush and buy them now.
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope the season finds you happy, healthy, and full of love and joy!